Throughout the years, Apex has been recognized as a leader in the staffing industry and recently won awards for corporate growth and client satisfaction. Apex offers significant opportunities for advancement as we expand to meet the needs of our clients and the marketplace.
For more information about Apex Systems, visit www. apexcareers. com.
Job DescriptionJob #: 800265
Apex Systems is seeking a Cable Technician for a 6 month contract-to-hire in the Davie County area.Job Summary
The cable technician I establishes communications systems by installing, maintaining and repairing telecommunication circuits used by company to deliver voice, video and data services. This work will occur mostly outside and involve digging trenches and laying cable. Experience with a backhoe or excavator heavily preferred.Essential Job Functions
- Completes service orders and trouble tickets; plans circuit installations/repairs by studying customer orders and trouble tickets; gathering supplies, materials, and tools; assessing installation/repair site. Connects cable pairs/fiber strand to drops, protectors and ground assembly; installs station protectors, network interface devices, jacks, coaxial connectors, video/data filters and video equipment; running, pulling, terminating and splicing various cables that include, but are not limited to, twisted pair cable (category 5/5e/6), coaxial cable, and single or multi mode fiber optic cable.
- Establishes voice, video and data circuits by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing copper/fiber cables.
- Verifies service by testing circuits and equipment; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
- Documents additions, moves and changes to circuits by labeling pedestals/poles and cables; recording plant information changes by updating service orders and trouble tickets.
- Maintains network connectivity by troubleshooting and repairing outages.
- Maintains customer relations by listening to and resolving customer concerns; answering questions.
- Maintains safe work environment by keeping work areas neat and clean; adhering to company, OSHA and industry safety practices.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Provides Saturday and Holiday coverage by participating in scheduled work rotation.
- Maintains twenty-four hour emergency service coverage by being available for call-out.
- Maintains and safely operates a company vehicle for work assignments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Training in basic electricity is preferred
- Operation of test equipment and backhoe is preferred
- Knowledge of RUS practices for splicing is preferred
- Knowledge of procedures for grounding and testing cable
- Knowledge of and adherence to Yadkin Valley, OSHA and industry safety practices
- Valid driver’s license
- Interprets staking sheets and schematics to complete work order
- Interprets computer printouts of plant records to gain customer information
- Interprets test results to determine procedures to clear troubles
- Individual judgment and independent decisions used to determine procedures to carry out job duties including testing cable and drops to determine repair or replacement
- Communication with local customers, other connecting company personnel including Plant Center, Installation & Repair and Engineering to accomplish results
- 1 year Telecommunications field experience or related work is required
- Computer skills and experience with Microsoft applications is preferred
- Knowledge of Telecommunications services and products is preferred
*Drivers License Required
If interested, please apply directly and email resume to Haleigh Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org Please call into our office for more information at 336-544-6260.
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program